If music is merely a side hobby, you can live in peace with the idea of having a handful of people admiring it. However, if it’s also your business, you’re dependent on views and fans and “3 Easy Ways To Instantly Get More SoundCloud Plays and Likes” will get you there.
SoundCloud is an excellent platform for getting your music known to the world, but it’s a competitive space. Thousands of musicians like you are already on the platform, so how will you stand out.
How will you get more plays and likes? In this guide, we’ll discuss three easy ways to get more exposure on SoundCloud and build a fanbase for yourself.
Form a Marketing Plan
Like any other business, the first way to let people know about your existence is to market what you make. To listen to your music, people must first know that you’re making music.
Before you create a marketing campaign, know your audience. What age group is more likely to listen to your music? Does your music have a sitting-on-the-beach sort of vibe, or is it suitable for parties? You can learn about your potential fans in many ways.
- Look at the profiles of other artists who make similar music. What kinds of people follow them? Are they the young lot or the maturer adults?
- If your fan base is small, survey them to learn about their preferences, how they found you, and what made them stay.
- YouTube comments can tell you a lot about what the audience wants to hear. Go to the comment sections of songs that are in the same genre as yours. Take a look at what people appreciate about these songs.
Promoting Your Music
Once you’ve got a gist of your potential audience, it’s time to promote your music. Fortunately, SoundCloud was made to be simple for artists. Therefore, you can promote your work in many ways.
- Social Media Sharing: SoundCloud has a simple interface allowing you to share your songs on Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, and many other social media platforms.
- Share With Bloggers: SoundCloud also lets you share your tracks with journalists and bloggers. It’s up to you to let them merely stream it or download it too.
- Engage: SoundCloud’s waveforms are goldmines for artists who want to make audience-centric music. You’ll find a lot about the interests of your audience in this section.
- Remix Contests: Another way to get people interested in your music is to host remix competitions. Who knows, one of them might go viral on Tik Tok, bringing a major influx of plays and likes to your SoundCloud account.
- Follow People: SoundCloud is just as much a social platform as any other. Sure, you don’t have to follow everyone but make sure to follow people who engage with you. They’re likely to share your music, bringing you exposure from their audiences.
Find Marketing Channels
The trick is to find the channels on SoundCloud to repost your music. You can look for the following options:
- Promotional channels
- Artists with bigger followings
- Repost channels
While an onsite audience is your direct contact, you should not overlook the potential of offsite audiences. Here are some offsite platforms to find audiences:
- Influencers (Instagram or Facebook)
- Radio stations
- Hype Machine
- YouTube Channels
The key is to look for channels that are relevant to your music. You should get reposted by channels that have the audiences likely to appreciate your tracks.
Don’t simply go around messaging people just because they have a larger audience – it’s likely that their audience might not be interested in what you make.
Make Discoverable Music
SoundCloud now has a Discover tab that lets people look for the music they like. Your aim should be to get featured here. For that, you must tell SoundCloud exactly what your music is all about. Here are a few ways to do this:
- Give you track an appropriate name
- Use the description section
- Add relevant tags
- Give your track relevant genre tags
When writing tags, stick to one genre. If the tags are concise, people are more likely to find your track. Plus, use appropriate album art. Your album cover is a representation of your music and might become a symbol people recognize you by.
The more accurate and relevant the information is in the metadata, the more likely you are to be discovered. Besides popping up on SoundCloud, getting metadata right may also put you on other platforms, such as Google.
Repost chains are a remarkable way to garner the potential of multiple accounts simultaneously. Basically, a repost chain means that a group of SoundCloud users repost a certain track at times intervals.
You can get in touch with fellow artists or friends to create a repost chain. Here are some ways to make repost chains:
- Producer Buddies: If you’ve got producers in your inner circle, get them to sign up for your repost chain. Therefore, whenever you upload a new song, it will get circulated throughout the chain.
- Bigger Chains: You can make your repost chain bigger by reaching out to other platforms, such as Facebook. However, a slight issue is that you can only join them if you have a certain number of followers.
- Random Chains: If you don’t care much for precision and simply want to be found, you can search for ‘repost chains’ on Google. You’ll find a ton of options to join. However, these reposts aren’t always effective since you’ll probably get one-time plays only.
Before you become part of a repost chain, make sure that it does not damage your brand. Do you think it will irritate your followers? Are you against the repost culture because you think some people abuse the feature?
Keep all these things in mind before opting for repost chains. You don’t want to ruin your brand image for a few likes and plays.
Being heard and liked is every musician’s dream, but you can only make it true if you reach out to the audience. Once you’ve got a substantial fan base, people will start reaching out to you after hearing about your music through word of mouth.
Till then, continue making awesome music, following these tips, and look to our SoundCloud services to give your presence a boost.